Home Registration » IUBMB Bursaries
IUBMB bursaries for the IUBMB–FEBS–PABMB 2022 Congress are awards funded by IUBMB to help early-career researchers from outside the FEBS area (Europe and some bordering countries) participate in the Congress when submitting an abstract to the event, as set out in more detail below. IUBMB bursaries will cover the early registration fee for such scientists, and make a contribution towards travel/accommodation.
Please check the eligibility criteria below carefully. An 'IUBMB country' is one with an Adhering Body or Associate Adhering Body represented by a biochemical society, a national research council or an academy of sciences: https://iubmb.org/about/adhering-bodies-and-associate-adhering-bodies. IUBMB bursaries are not available to scientists resident in a country where there is a FEBS Constituent Society; such scientists can apply for FEBS bursaries.
IUBMB bursary applications deadline: March 10, 2022
2022 IUBMB bursary applicants must:
- Be submitting an abstract to the Congress as first author
- Be a registered PhD student or within 5 years of having received a PhD
- Be a PhD student at an institution in an IUBMB country that does not have a FEBS Constituent Society, or be working as a postdoctoral scientist in such a country
- Be travelling to the Congress from outside Europe
How to apply
Applications for IUBMB bursaries for the IUBMB–FEBS–PABMB 2022 Congress must be made through the Congress registration system before the bursary deadline of March 10, 2022.
(1) Select the Young Scientist participant type
(2) Click yes to the question in the registration form about applying for a Congress bursary
(3) You must upload the following three documents as a single pdf file, presented in the following order:
- Proof of Status: PhD student or postdoctoral scientist within 5 years of receiving a PhD
- Proof of current membership of the relevant national Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology that is an Adhering Body or Associate Adhering Body of IUBMB, or proof of sponsorship of a member of such a Society
- Curriculum Vitae, prepared using the IUBMB–FEBS–PABMB Congress 2022 CV template
(4) Submit your abstract as first author, according to the guidelines on the Call for Abstracts webpage.
(5) Complete your registration order including payment of the registration fee by March 10, 2022.
Assessment and notification
Abstracts submitted by IUBMB bursary applicants will be considered by the Session Chairs in consultation with the Local Organizing Committee for scientific quality during the event’s abstract screening and appraisal; in addition, CVs of eligible bursary applicants will be considered by the Local Organizing Committee.
The outcome of the bursary application will be notified via e-mail by April 7, 2022.
Unsuccessful eligible bursary candidates who are unable to attend the Congress without this bursary support can request refund of the registration fee from the Congress Secretariat if necessary, according to the Congress’s cancellation policy.
The IUBMB bursary award value and reimbursement
The IUBMB bursary will cover the early registration fee for the participant categories ‘Young Scientist’ €280. In addition, the IUBMB bursary will make a contribution of up tp €1000 towards travel and accommodation (dependent on distance for travel to Lisbon).
Delegates awarded IUBMB bursaries will be reimbursed after the Congress by bank transfer from IUBMB.