Home Abstracts » Oral Guidelines
Invited speakers in standard symposia have a 30 minutes time slot – please prepare a PowerPoint presentation that lasts for up to 25 minutes maximum to allow 5 minutes for discussion after your talk. Plenary lecturers and invited speakers in FEBS Special Sessions or other sessions should consult their individual instructions on talk timing or contact their session chair or firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.
Short Talk presentations in symposia mostly have a 15 minutes time slot – please prepare a PowerPoint presentation that lasts for up to 12 minutes maximum to allow 3 minutes for discussion after your talk. If you are a short talk presenter, please check your symposia topic in the program overview to find your talk time.
At the event
All presentations must be uploaded and tested at the Speaker Ready Room.
- Opening and closing hours of the Speaker Ready Room – 08:00-18:00.
- Here, the presentation file must be delivered by the speakers at least 3 hours before the afternoon session, or the day before the morning session (no later than 18:00).
The auditorium will be equipped with a MS PowerPoint 2016 laptop. Using your own laptop is not allowed. The Apple platform is not supported; ensure your files are PC compatible.
Before the start of your session, please visit the auditorium for your session in order to check your presentation, familiarize yourself with the audiovisual equipment and meet the chairperson.You will easily find your presentation at the lectern according to the scheduled session, date, hour and speaker. Using the laptop lectern you will be able to control your presentation.
- Please use Microsoft PowerPoint 2016 (*.ppt), to guarantee your presentation will open successfully on an on-site PC. Save your presentation with the extension “.ppt, .pptx”.
- Presentations must be designed in 16:9 format.
- Videos and pictures must be in the same folder of the MS PowerPoint presentation. Moreover, they need to be copied in the folder before they are inserted in the presentation. Videos included in the presentation shall have the following extensions: .avi, .mpeg, .mov, .wmv.
- JPG, GIF, BMP compressed images are the preferred file format for inserted images (other types of extensions will be accepted as well, provided that they are recognized by MS PowerPoint 2016).
- Use Microsoft Windows 10 default system font. Otherwise please provide font package for later install.
- For MAC-Users: Export your presentation to PowerPoint for Mac, movie (iMovie, QuickTime video with “Playback Uses” settings) or PDF. Be aware of the need to edit/reformat the presentation – fonts, images and charts – especially when exporting to PowerPoint for Mac.
- For embedded movies please use the possibility of “Quicktime” to save the movie in “*.mpeg 1(2)”, or “*.avi” format. Please try out the proper functionality of your presentation as soon as possible in the Speaker Preview Room.
- Presentations using Prezi should be delivered in portable format. For more details, please follow the link https://support.prezi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003478454-Presenting-and-viewing-a-downloaded-presentation-portable-presentation-
- Specify file name as "first name last name conference name", e.g., “John Wick biochem2022.ppt”;
- Supported data media for upload presentations are HDD and USB-Memory (Stick).